This is becoming a popular alternative for St. Louis area homes over more traditional insulating materials, such as fiberglass. It is made from isocyanate and polyol resins. It can be installed in roofs, walls, ceilings, floors, garages, attics, and so on.
This type of spray foam insulation features tiny cells which are not completely closed. It is less expensive to buy and have installed because it is manufactured from fewer chemicals. It is an excellent air barrier and can prevent heat gain/loss with your home. It is sponge-like in appearance and is often installed inside of interior walls to act as a sound barrier.
This is a denser type of spray foam and it features more compact cell structures. It acts as a great air and moisture barrier, and is often installed in roofs or used in other types of outdoor applications.
- Exceptional air sealing qualities
- Fantastic thermal and air barrier
- Can be installed in many different areas of a home
- Can help to make your home much more energy efficient
- Stops drafts and condensation
- Adds structural strength to the home
- Increased comfort
- Does not settle or shrink
The experts at Greenmark Home Performance will be able to help you to better understand how your home can benefit from this type of insulating material.