Fiberglass is made out of a fiber reinforced polymer. This polymer is a combination of plastic and glass that is very light weight, strong, durable, and long lasting. If you're looking for something affordable, reliable and installed quickly this is the perfect material for you!
About Fiberglass Material
Fiberglass has been used in many applications all over the world since the 1930's. Today, it is still the most popular type of insulating material used in homes throughout the United States. Created from woven blankets of fine glass fibers, it is reasonably-priced and easy to install in your home. The materal is often used in the construction of cars, aircraft, boat hulls, arrows, roofing materials, shower curtains, and more.
It is specially designed to trap pockets of air, keeping the inside of your home warm during the winter and cool during the summer. It's an attractive choice for helping to keep a home comfortable throughout every season since it is also fire-resistant. This means that if there is a fire in your home, you won't need to worry about it spreading from level to level or from room to room if you have this kind of insulation in place. The material can be pink, yellow, green, or white, and it is often in "batt" form. It will be stapled into place wherever it is in your home that you are having it installed. When installed properly, this material will create a continuous membrane around your building's envelope.
Benefits of Fiberglass Insulation
- Provides excellent energy efficiency and thermal qualities.
- Design of the fiberglass materials allow for greater flexibility in building design. More of the material can be installed in certain areas of the home to increase thermal performance.
- Great at retaining the desired temperature in a home, whether it is being heated or cooled.
- Can maintain its R-value for a long period of time.
- Does not settle when properly installed.